Julianna, Charles, Lilianna

.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Update at 25 weeks...

I took a couple weeks off from updating. Chuck likes it when I do the updates… but I keep telling him… okay honey I think it is your turn now… so maybe next time! Week 24 was pretty uneventful. I applied and lucky qualified for WIC benefits, b/c we are having multiple gestations. We are grateful for the help! We will need all the help we can get in the coming months… and years. I had a little tumble during that week too, which caused me to go to the doctor earlier in the week then planned… everything checked out okay though!!! The doctor was able to listen to the heartbeats through the Doppler, instead of having to use an ultrasound machine… b/c the babies were finally large enough. I’m still experiencing some discomfort in my pelvis, but I think at this point it is from Baby A being low in my pelvis and transverse. Chuck and I had a nice weekend that week too… we took the pugs for a long car ride (probably one of their last for some time to come) to my in-laws for a visit, while Chuck and I had a nice shopping trip and dinner out. We also celebrated our baby girl, Cami’s birthday with a mini cupcake for each of the pugs.

And now, here we are… Week 25!!! Hooray!!! We are very thankful that I have made it this far! Healthy and Happy!!! This past week we met with the specialist to go over my gestational diabetes. He spoke to us about the risks and treatment. He prescribed me Glyburide 2.5mg twice a day… once a half hour before breakfast and once a half hour before dinner. I didn’t think I would be put on medicine so soon after being diagnosed, but whatever it takes. I am having good and bad days sugar-wise. The doctor said we will be adjusting the medicine along the way… and although they are hoping to keep me on the Glyburide… it looks like Insulin might not be avoidable by the end of the pregnancy. I also had my wellness check this week too. I don’t know how it is possible, but I lost a pound, which the doctor wasn’t happy about. Everything else checked out wonderfully… and he said to keep up the great work. Baby A and B’s heartbeats were 138 and Baby C heartbeat was 144. I also received the swine flu vaccine from my OB. It pinched, but didn’t hurt and I haven’t felt possible side effects… just feel like me. With my family… Chuck and I celebrated my Dad’s 59th Birthday! We had a great time! It is a little hard to believe that next year he will be 60 and have 3 grandbabies… :) I’m finding it more and more difficult to not draw attention whenever I go out. A lot of people are guessing, after they find out I’m due in February that I might be having multiples… it is funny to act shocked when they ask if I’m having twins... and then say… no, I’m having Triplets! I feel amazing to be 25 weeks and to not be on any modified rest. Although, I regulate myself pretty well… I try to rest as much as I exert. I try to help out here and there around the house and do this and that for myself, but it is really hard when I have to say to Chuck or my Mom… I can’t, can you!

What’s to come during week 26… well, it should be a lot of fun and work! Chuck and I have our first multiples class this Tuesday, which we are really looking forward too. Chuck doesn’t have any classes this week, so I plan on having him help me put some final touches on the babies’ room and some other chores around the house… that I have trouble doing all by myself these days. And I hear my Mom is having a baby shower for me this coming Saturday… so I’m really excited about seeing and celebrating these babies to be with all of my loved ones!!! Here’s to a fabulous week 26… :) :) :)

~ Mommy-2-3-Peas

No comments:

Post a Comment