Wow… what a crazy 27 weeks so far!!! As of yesterday, we are officially 27 weeks… Woo Hoo! It was an extra special day, b/c my Mom was able to come for the first time to see the babies during an ultrasound. We were scheduled for an ultrasound to check the babies’ growth and my cervix. Also, since I’m beyond 24 weeks and at risk of preterm labor, they performed a test called Fetal Fibronectin or for short FFN. During the growth scans we got great reports all the while… baby A is 2lbs 6oz, baby B is 2lbs 5oz and baby C is 2lbs 8oz. All the babies came back within 20% of each other… and all within good %s on their own… terrific heartrates too. I was so pleased with the news! We were only able to get pictures of babies B and C, b/c baby A had her face towards my back. I’m so proud of my babies already… this pregnancy has been such a pleasant experience. We have all come so far!!! After the ultrasounds were complete… we sat down with the doctor for our consult… Thank GOD that the babies are all doing great, but Mommy isn’t doing so fabulous… the doctor informed us that in a little less than 4 weeks my cervix went from 5 cm to 1 to 2 cm and he was not happy! A plan was set that he would send the FFN test out to see if it came back positive or negative and call us with instructions. We decided not to make the trip all the way back home, until we heard from the doctor, so we were going to BRU and then off to see Chuck’s grandpop. The doctor called before we could even finish at BRU… saying the results came back positive and to report to the hospital. The first thing they did was give me the first of 2 steroid shots to help the babies develop… especially their lungs. Next, I was hooked up on the monitors to track the babies’ heartrates and to look for contractions. The babies looked good… except I was having contraction here and there… and baby A is so low that it was affecting her heartrate at times, but not every time (which is good). They started me on IV fluids to try to stop the contractions… which helped, but didn’t make them stop. I barely slept between getting up to urinate and having them come in to check the monitor or take my sugars. I’m still very tired now… and hoping tonight will be some what better. Anyway, come the morning… when they were monitoring the babies again… they saw that I was contracting more frequently… about every 6 minutes and it was still affecting baby A… so my fabulous DR decided to start me on a medicine commonly used to lower high blood pressure… called procardia… I am probably spelling that terribly wrong. The medicine works at relaxing the smooth muscles and the uterus is a smooth muscle, so that has helped. They are also thinking about putting me on progesterone… which is used to keep the cervix closed… and hopefully me pregnant a lot longer… :) I’m sorry this is a rambling mess… I just wanted to let everyone know what is going on… we are all okay… babies are fantastic. This evening has been an improvement over last night… I received my second shot of steroids. Chuck came up to see us this evening… and I’m so glad, b/c I was starting to get a little emotional… with each nurse’s comments… nothing bad necessarily, but I’m just trying to think about getting back home and I had one nurse that said I should try to get comfortable, b/c I probably wasn’t going home any time soon. Which would be okay… if that was what the DR was saying, but he was giving me hope and she was taking it away. I was getting a little emotional to think that the holidays are coming… and missing my puggies… and having my hubby and family just so far away… ahhh. Chuck was getting ready to head home tonight… and I talked him into crawling into bed with me to cuddle… and I just started to break down for a few minutes… and of course my poor DR walked in on my tear-fest (it is probably hard to believe, but this was my first break down, since being pregnant). The DR had pretty promising news… he still thinks once the specialist figures out what to do with my medicines… that I should be able to go home tomorrow, b/c they are helping with the contractions… I will just be on modified bedrest… which means I can really only care for myself… bathroom, shower and couch or bed. He was honest and said I should prepare myself for a permanent hospital stay in the near future and try to make the most out of being home while I can… so I definitely plan to do that!!! I pray to stay home healthy with my PEAS cooking as long as possible… and pray that they don’t want or need to make an appearance at least for another 5 weeks or longer. Okay folks, I must say good night! Thanks to everyone that has been praying for us and please continue to do so… God is GREAT!!! And he has truly blessed us with these miracle babies… and of course all of you too!!! XoXo
~ Mommy-2-3-PEAS
Friday, November 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment