Once I was laid off work, I split my time up between getting things in order around the house and kicking my feet up. Around 15 weeks, I started to get some energy back, which was wonderful! My doctor visits actually slowed down too. We have been seeing the OB every 4 weeks and the specialist every 3 weeks (all that will change again soon). Chuck and I decided to have some garage sales over 2 weekends (unfortunately it rained for both), but we did make some extra cash. Chuck finished his 2 summer session courses at the college. I’m pleased to say that my hubby still has his 4.0. He had a couple weeks off between his courses finishing and starting again… which was a blessing! He is taking 1 course this semester, b/c we just don’t know when and where we will have doctor appointments and ultrasounds, baby classes and really we have no idea of when the babies will arrive.
Around mid-August I started trying to talk with our mortgage company for assistance on a different payment amount, I made the bad decision to just call customer service. The only assistance they offered was get another job, ask your friends or family for financial support and the poor list went on. When I wasn’t happy with those answers, they came back at me saying we would just go into foreclosure, if we couldn’t pay our monthly payment. Needless to say… I was crying when I hung the phone up. My not-so-emotional hubby called around and finally got someone with some brains and we are about to start a 3 month trial period on October 1 with a modified payment amount. I’m hoping and praying that we will be able to make the modified payments.
We decided with everything going on – 3 babies on the way, only 1 income sooner than expected, mortgage exceeding our limits, increase in healthcare and traveling cost, etc… that financially we just couldn’t wait any longer to move in with my parents (our original plan was to wait until the Malaga house sold). With the help of our good friends, Mike and Erika, we were able to move our bed and daily necessities on September 1. It is wonderful to be so close to my family again. They are such a wonderful support system. At the same time though, it is really hard not having much of your own space. It is great to be here and we are 100% grateful to my family for opening their home to us once again. It is not the most ideal situation as you could imagine, but it is the best one for me and my family to be.
My folks decided that they wanted to do the nursery top to bottom for the babies, so over the last couple of months we have all worked together to pick out some amazing nursery furniture and also the bedding and décor theme for the room. The furniture arrived just a couple weeks ago and Chuck put all 3 cribs together with no pieces left over… (just kidding). The bedding arrived just last week… everything is still a work in progress… but it’s really starting to come together now.
After having the house in Malaga on the market for over 2 months now - 1 open house and a handful of showings… we decided this week to lower the price another 10k. We are hoping that this brings more activity to the house. Our Realtor is going to have another open house with the new listing price over the next week or so. In order for Chuck and I to not be really financially strained (especially after the babies are here), we have to get this house sold.
I’m sure I have left out a lot of small, but important things that have happened over the last 2 months. I apologize if this isn’t easy to read, but I think I have summed up the last 2 months. If you have any questions, please leave a comment... and we will be sure to answer back. Chuck and I are pretty open people… probably more so then anyone would like or perhaps more than we should. I hope you've enjoyed reading our story and continue to do so.
~Mommy-2-3-Peas
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment