Julianna, Charles, Lilianna

.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Our story from 10-14 weeks...

I was a little over 10 weeks the last time I posted… and now here I am 20 weeks pregnant w/ Triplets! And I’m still feeling pretty awesome… Yippee!!!

I really want to update everyone on what has been happening with Chuck and I over the last 2 months, so I’m going to break this up into a couple of posts. We were pretty overwhelmed for a few weeks there – things were happening that weren’t so easy to write about in the moment and after so long it seemed more like a job to even consider posting a new entry. I know there are a few people that are really interested in what has been happening… so I’m going to try my best to make up for the last 2 months and I apologize for any inconvenience.

Soon after I posted my last entry, I started to get extremely fatigued. It didn’t take much for me to get wore out and fast. I worked with my boss to reduce my hours and days… but it was still very difficult for me to work 5-6 hour workdays 3 to 4 days a week. Chuck and I were starting to get very uneasy with the OB office. We would get mixed opinions from the different doctors and NPs from the office on how often I should be seen by them and the specialist. The doctors at the OB office would openly admit that they didn't like to work with our specialist. Around 12 weeks, I was having a lot of spotting and occasional bleeding w/ cramping. The OB office was very casual about everything I was going through… Chuck and I didn’t think it was so casual or normal, especially with Triplets. We weren’t looking for special treatment, b/c we were Triplets… but they were looking at our pregnancy as if it were a Singleton… and we weren’t we are a Triplet pregnancy. Chuck and I learned early on that things aren’t the same with a Triplet pregnancy as a Singleton pregnancy – that’s not to say that Singletons are a walk in the park. I ended up having to go to the ER… where everything turned out to be okay. I had a bleed from the placenta attaching to the uterus. After this incident and the way the OB office handle it from start to finish, we knew we had to change offices. Now we have a terrific OB office that was recommended by many family members and friends. This office has done nothing but exceed our expectations from the start. I feel really comfortable being under their care now.

Between weeks 10 to 14 I was having a lot of unexpected doctor appointments - OB, specialist and primary. Every week it was something different! I would have a pregnancy related incident one week that would put me on bedrest for a few days and the next week I would have a sinus infection and a fever, so I was in bed for that. All of this was out of my control. I was never out on bedrest long enough for disability to kick in, so it was really taking a toll on me and Chuck’s financial situation (honestly, like most… we were already strained financially), and it was also taking a toll on my working relationships. Around 14 weeks, I had a talk with work and they decided to lay me off. I worked my last day on August 17. I try to stay in contact with my co-workers. I stop in here and there every few weeks. I loved working for the company and miss everyone tremendously. I hope to maybe return PT after babies are here. Time will tell! Everything happens for a reason! I was really blessed to meet so many amazing people working there. I really miss working, but I know that it is best for everyone involved… especially the babies growing inside me.

~Mommy-2-3-Peas

No comments:

Post a Comment