Julianna, Charles, Lilianna

.

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Update at 22 weeks...

Chuck and I had a nice week off from doctors during week 21. I got a lot of chores done around the house and errands finished out and about... while Chuck actually didn't have to take any time away from work. We ended the week with an afternoon in Cape May. Chuck took me for a scalp and prenatal massage at my favorite spa, Cape May Day Spa. It was wonderful!!! He played golf, while I was being pampered. We finished our day with an early dinner and a stroll on the beach.

Week 22 wasn't as relaxing... Chuck and I have had a really long and crazy week. This week we had an ultrasound (for the babies' hearts), a routine OB visit and took a maternity tour of Virtua hospital. It was all very rewarding; it just takes a lot out of me. We had the echocardiograms (ultrasound of the heart) for babies on Wednesday at Virtua in Mt. Holly. Before we started the ultrasound, the technician told us that it could take up to 45 minutes a baby. It actually took us a little over 3 hours, b/c none of the babies were in good positions. It was the first time that a technician actually had me lay on my left side, then my right side... then back and forth. I thought for sure she was going to ask me to stand on my head. She was able to get all the images of the babies' hearts, so that the doctor could pass them!!! We were absolutely relieved with this news!!! On Thursday we had the OB... we got to meet another doctor from the office for the first time and were really pleased with her. I got the results from a 3 hour glucose tolerance test that I had completed a few days before... and unfortunately I tested high and was diagnosed with gestational diabetes... :( The doctor thinks we can keep my sugar under control with some changes to my diet. They referred me to get diabetic counseling and a nutritionist for assistance. Before we left she did a quick ultrasound to check on the babies and everyone looked great. All the babies were laying in the same direction heads to the left and bottoms to the right. The doctor also increased my OB visits from 4 weeks to 2 weeks and will increase them again at 28 weeks to once a week. I don't get to go for the counseling on gestational diabetes until this coming Thursday. I feel a little lost, b/c I want to be eating right to control my sugar, but for now I'm just questioning myself on what to eat. I can't wait for that counseling! Really exciting news for me… is this past Monday I started to feel the babies moving on the inside… I can’t wait until Chuck and I can feel them on the outside too!!!

This coming week is going to be very hectic... or at least it feels that way. We have a class in the late evening across from the hospital on Wednesday. On Thursday morning we have to be back first thing for the babies' growth scans and to check my cervical length at the ATU. As soon as our ultrasound is over, I have to go for the counseling on gestational diabetes. My eyes are getting heavy just thinking about it. Stay tuned!

~Mommy-2-3-Peas

No comments:

Post a Comment