Week 23 wasn’t as hectic as I thought. Chuck had off work on Monday for Columbus Day, so we were able to have a leisurely day. We did a little shopping… where I ran into an old friend from my school years, Heather… we got to catch up on life… mainly her 2 growing babies and my soon to be babies. Chuck took me to the movies to see “Couple’s Retreat”, which wasn’t the treat we were planning… not nearly as funny as we hoped. An amazing thing happened while we were at the movies though; Chuck and I felt one of the babies kick for the first time. It was so exciting!
On Wednesday, we attended a class called… Preparing Your Pets for Baby. It was a helpful class and afterwards Chuck and I were able to chat with the director of the classes at Virtua (who happens to be a Grandmom to twins) so she gave us a lot of great advice too.
On Thursday, we had a routine ultrasound to check the growth of the babies and also, to make sure my cervix is still closed. All check out amazingly… there were no signs of preterm labor… WooHoo!!! Baby A was curled up in a ball… Baby B was the most cooperative for measurements… and Baby C was dancing… all were measuring on schedule. This visit they actually gave us guessimated weights of the babies… Baby A was 1 lb 6oz, Baby B was 1 lb 1oz and Baby C was 1 lb 2oz!!! Baby A is still showing signs of having a Duplicated Renal Collecting System… the doctors are still just observing. I actually couldn’t stay for the meeting with the doctor after the ultrasounds, b/c Chuck and I were running late for the nutrition and diabetes class. Thankfully, the office for the class was right next to the hospital, so I was able to walk… while Chuck waited for the doctor. The nutrition and diabetes class was very informative… and gave me peace of mind!!! We learned a lot... and so far I have been tracking my sugars for 3 days and each day gets a little better. I have to check my sugar 4 times a day and really watch what I’m eating, if I want to get a good reading. I have changed my diet a lot over the last week. Each day gets a little easier!!!
I am still feeling pretty terrific!!! I have pelvic pain here and there, but it is manageable. This week shouldn’t be to overwhelming for us. I have an appointment with the WIC office tomorrow. I’ve heard from a lot of triplet mom’s that WIC is a huge help… so we are hoping to qualify!!! And then on Friday, we have a routine 2 week OB visit. Over the coming weekend… our first little girl, Cami will be having her 3rd birthday!!! I’m going to have to make her a mini cupcake… I should look for a sugar free recipe… ha ha. Well, until next time… :) :) :)
~Mommy-2-3-Peas
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment